Friday 4 October 2013

Your Face Offends Me

No, I'm just joking, your face is beautiful! But this shirt is pretty cool!



At first I wasn't too sure about this shirt, it was long, it didn't tuck (I have a thing with shirts that I can tuck into things) and it had a slogan on it (I don't usually like shirts with words) but this shirt grew on me, especially after I just bought it on a whim from the giant pile of clearance clothes in a Jay Jays store. What made it better was that it only cost me $5! Clearance piles are fabulous. 


I decided to put this shirt with my plaid denim skinny jeans, because I felt the green on the shirt went well with the greeny/blue colours of the jeans. 


Added army boots and a vest I made from an old jacket, put on a beanie and arm warmers to keep a little warmer, and I realised I had a whole grunge/punk look going on! 
I usually am not one for grunge, but after wearing this outfit about for a day, I felt like a different person who was 'oh so complicated' and probably listened to heavy metal (I don't listen to heavy metal, but I felt like I should've!) 
I find it funny how our attitudes and confidence and thoughts can change depending on what we wear and how we portray it! 


And I absolutely love wearing these boots. They actually have zips at the sides so I don't have to undo them and then do them back up again...and they look really cool too :) 

ALSO...
I dyed my hair red! Hoorah! 


At first it started off with hot pink/red strips...which was not what I particularly wanted...and then the lovely hairdresser just dyed the rest of my hair red, and now I feel fabulous. I like to classify myself as an 'artificial red head'. Yey!  


 DIY Denim Vest- Thrifted, T-shirt- Jay Jays clearance pile, Plaid Jeans- ValleyGirl, Black Army style boots-ValleyGirl 


Hope you liked today's post! 

Find this post on LOOKBOOK here


Have a fantabulous day :) 

No comments:

Post a Comment